The first gym that I stepped into was none other than my school gym, took me a lot of hesitation and self talk to get my self started even thought the community was small, I was in fact still shy. I know right ! jasmine danker is shy.
Here are some of the reasons, which I am sure you can relate too!
1) So many muscle head (obviously men/boys are more common gym user)
2) What do I wear?
3) What do I do?
4) Oh my! Everyone is staring at me!!
5) Maybe ill just stick to the treadmill, no one will see me!
6) What if I get manly
7) So many cute guys around, I’m too shy for this!
8) It looks so scary!
9) No body wants to go to the gym with me.
I could have possibly had a million excuses and reason why I didn’t want to be seen in the gym! But let me tell you this, if I didn’t do my first bicep curl with a 2pound weight in 2006, I wouldn’t be where I am today!
There is no right or wrong way to overcome that fear! Being young also means that we succumbed to peer pressure, but my peer pressure became a positive measure! I got to thank my ex boyfriend for getting me started in this fitness journey which I m planning to make it life long and so can you!
Here are some just some ways I got over it! Do leave a comment and share me yours!
1) I made friends with people who went to the gym! You can tell the from afar if your still in school, a shoe bag is a gym go-er accessory! Come on the world will be a better place with you being friendly!
2) Yes I started doing just abs at a gym! I don’t think it was a waste of time, and the more I talk to other gym buddies, I slowly creep near the weights area!
3) I would Google on exercises or read magazines and books and grab whatever I need from the gym floor and find a corner! Trust me every gym is a corner!
4) Every day I would try to force someone to go to the gym with me! Some days I won! Some days I loss what who cares! When I had company I was slightly more confident to touch a new machine that I’ve been watching another person do!
5) I saw result! Whatever I was doing! And no I wasn’t being a she hulk! I’m still tiny mind you but don’t let my petite frame fool you of what it can do! I started somewhere! So can you! There’s nothing better than seeing result and day by day I assure you will look back to where you started and be glad you did!
PERSONAL TRAINER/ CAT WHISPERER AND OCCASIONALLY LOVE A PARTY!