The first gym that I stepped into was none other than my school gym, took me a lot of hesitation and self talk to get my self started even thought the community was small, I was in fact still shy. I know right ! jasmine danker is shy.
Here are some of the reasons, which I am sure you can relate too!
1) So many muscle head (obviously men/boys are more common gym user)
2) What do I wear?
3) What do I do?
4) Oh my! Everyone is staring at me!!
5) Maybe ill just stick to the treadmill, no one will see me!
6) What if I get manly
7) So many cute guys around, I’m too shy for this!
8) It looks so scary!
9) No body wants to go to the gym with me.
I could have possibly had a million excuses and reason why I didn’t want to be seen in the gym! But let me tell you this, if I didn’t do my first bicep curl with a 2pound weight in 2006, I wouldn’t be where I am today!
There is no right or wrong way to overcome that fear! Being young also means that we succumbed to peer pressure, but my peer pressure became a positive measure! I got to thank my ex boyfriend for getting me started in this fitness journey which I m planning to make it life long and so can you!
Here are some just some ways I got over it! Do leave a comment and share me yours!
1) I made friends with people who went to the gym! You can tell the from afar if your still in school, a shoe bag is a gym go-er accessory! Come on the world will be a better place with you being friendly!
2) Yes I started doing just abs at a gym! I don’t think it was a waste of time, and the more I talk to other gym buddies, I slowly creep near the weights area!
3) I would Google on exercises or read magazines and books and grab whatever I need from the gym floor and find a corner! Trust me every gym is a corner!
4) Every day I would try to force someone to go to the gym with me! Some days I won! Some days I loss what who cares! When I had company I was slightly more confident to touch a new machine that I’ve been watching another person do!
5) I saw result! Whatever I was doing! And no I wasn’t being a she hulk! I’m still tiny mind you but don’t let my petite frame fool you of what it can do! I started somewhere! So can you! There’s nothing better than seeing result and day by day I assure you will look back to where you started and be glad you did!
Hi, my name is Jas. I am a freelance personal trainer, the purpose of this blog is not only to
share my personal health experiences with all of you but also reminding myself to
live a balanced life, its not about looking perfect, its about learning to love myself
and being passionate about everything i do, hopefully you would find your light and
be inspired to do the same.
Drop me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back regarding any enquires.
Feel free to follow me on Instagram or Facebook for more updates.
Thank you for dropping by my page and advance apologies if you do find spelling or
grammatical errors which i assure you will be more than a handful!
The owner of jasminedanker.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability
of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.